The Natural Loctician Certificate Course Level 1 is a comprehensive, professional & fun course that teaches all the practical skills and the theoretical knowledge on how to run a service based business as a natural dread loctician offering a high quality service to clients.
The dreadlocking method you will learn is called Divine Hand & Hook crochet and it's the best method for creating neat, tight, instant locks and doing all dread maintenance to a high standard on all hair types without the use of any products, chemicals, wax, threads or interlocking.
** Note: level 1 doesn't teach how to offer a dread extensions service. Extensions and wraps are taught in Level 2. And tackling difficult dread maintenance is taught in Level 3.
*** If you want to save money & study Level 2 and Level 3 dreadlocking skills in order to offer the complete array of dreadlocking services from the start, then the all new Advanced Loctician Certificate Course would serve you best!
*** These methods can be used for all hair types!
WHO IS THE NATURAL LOCTICIAN CERTIFICATE PERFECT FOR?
- Anyone who wants to be their own boss, create their own working hours & meet lovely people.
- Anyone who loves dreads & wishes to make & maintain them for a living.
- Anyone who appreciate dreads & wants a creative lucrative at home business.
- Mums who don't wish to return to work after having kids.
- Dads who don't wish to return to remote jobs after having kids.
- Anyone who is wanting to work for themselves at home or in a funky studio.
- Anyone wishing to escape the 9-5 rat race.
- Young school leavers not sure what they want to do with an interest in a service orientated business.
- Hairdressers who wish to add natural dread creation to their list of skills.
- Hairdressers who wish to get away from the chemical method of making dreads.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Divine Dreadlocks and your trainer's history and background.
- About the 3 main other main dreadlock methods and their results.
- How DH&H produces instant dreads, that don't need further rolling to lock.
- How to make dreadlocks that are neat, tight and well formed from the start.
- How to make dreadlocks without ever having to use a product.
- How to tackle dread maintenance issues without wax, threads or looping through (interlocking)
- OH&S for natural dreadlocking.
- Diverse conversation skills & how to gain repeat clients.
- How to set up your dreadlocking studio (at home or in a salon)
- How to give high end client service.
- How to section hair for making dreads.
- How to create the correct sized base for dreadlocks depending on the hair type.
- How to assist clients with all dreadlock decisions.
- How to give natural after care advice.
- How to quote clients (live or remotely) & what to charge.
- The current market price for creation and dreadlock maintenance.
- The wage increases possible as your experience grows.
- Marketing basics for your business (in support emails)
- Become your own boss!
- Work from home and choose the days and hours you work!
- Take holidays and time off when you want to!
- Quit a job that you don't like and crank up a dreadlocking business as your main source of income!
- Operate as a hobby business around your main job to earn extra cash to save for travel, holidays, renovations etc
- Work as little as you want to just earn a bit of extra cash on the side, or
- Work as much as you can to earn up to $2000 for a 5 day week.
- Earn from $AU25 to $AU70 per hour! That's $US20 to $US60 per hour.
- Have a business with no overheads! Once you've got a couple of chairs and your tool kit it's all profit!
- Create the kind of dreads that people are proud of, ones that raise the perceptions of dreads in society!
- Be tutored by someone who has used these methods to create and maintain her own dreads for 12 years! And applied them for others over 20 years!
- Be rest assured this method will work for people of all backgrounds, because it has been tried and tested on thousands of clients with different hair types.
- Use this method equally on Caucasian, Asian or African hair!
- Have the opportunity to gain a loyal following of repeat clients!
- Enjoy what you do and wake up smiling every "working" day!
- Meet a wide range of really lovely people!
- Be creative, add dread accessories or natural dread care products to your business.
- Be supported by your trainer, other students and graduates of the course in the private facebook group.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The information contained in this course must not be shared with anyone unless they are an enrolled student, each course is allocated a personal licence.
- If you own a salon and you are interested in having more than one person trained & certified it is vital that each person complete the course & get assessed by the trainer. Discounts are offered for more than 1 student enrolling at once. Email for info.
- It is unethical & illegal to use these teachings to train others yourself. It breaches copyright.
- If in the unlikely event a student has an injury occur from their dreadlocking the owner/trainer is not liable. The student takes full responsibility for all their actions when dreadlocking & must apply appropriate first aid as taught in the course. (sometimes the hook can go into a finger).
- The earnings & results of the owner & past students are indicative of their personal efforts, you are entirely responsible for your own success.
- You are agreeing to all these T&C's by enrolling in the course.
"I’ve taken two courses through Em’s online training. She is a natural born teacher . I highly recommend her courses if you are looking to create dreadlocks and dreadlock extensions without any fuss . No products , no waxes and no chemicals . After you have taken the courses and start to work on clients she continues to give you on going support. Thank you Emma for spreading your knowledge and expertise!"
- Jackie Olsen, Founder, JackieOArtistry, Lampan - Canada
StartPDF 1: A guide to working through the Natural Loctician Certificate L1
PreviewTutorial 1: Course Introduction & Divine Dreadlocks History (4:54)
StartTutorial 2: How to prepare your learning space for this course (5:46)
StartPDF 2. Assessments for Certification explained
StartTutorial 3: Other dread methods V's the Divine Hand & Hook (DH&H) method (10:47)
StartPDF 3. Natural dreadlocking Occupational Health & Safety
StartTutorial 4: How to make a dreadlock using the DH&H method. (11:37)
StartTutorial 4b: BONUS long tutorial on how to make a dreadlock (29:01)
StartSUBMIT DREAD CREATION ASSESSMENT #1
StartPDF.4. How to know & record your speed
StartTutorial 5: How to set up your work space for clients. (6:44)
StartTutorial 6: The art of diverse conversation & making your client feel at ease (3:17)
StartTutorial 7: How to greet your client & assist them with new dread decisions. (4:44)
StartTutorial 8. Base size in relation to hair type & how to section a full head. (30:05)
StartSUBMIT MANNEQUIN SECTIONING TASK #2
StartTutorial 9. - How to lock a whole head of new dreads (6:57)
StartSUBMIT DREAD CREATION ASSESSMENT #3
StartTutorial 10: - How to close the tips. (5:52)
StartC3.PDF.5.Answering enquires, rates & quoting
StartC3.PDF.6.How to Confirm the Appointment
StartC3.PDF.7.How to fix dread maintenance issues
StartTutorial 11: How to maintain dreadlocks naturally using the DH&H method. (22:29)
StartSUBMIT MAINTENANCE ASSESSMENT #4
StartC3.PDF.8.Theory Assessment task
StartC3.PDF.9. Assessment answers
StartTutorial 12: Course Conclusion, Credits and Out takes (2:13)
So if you'd like to live life on your own terms
You enjoy helping others
And you love dreadlocks
Join the tribe of Divine Dreadlocks Locticians!
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Em has been working with dreadlocks since she began her first journey with them in Thailand in the year 2000. She taught herself how to do her own dread maintenance using a crochet hook and whatever she did worked so well that she began to get maintenance requests from other travellers who were amazed that no wax or rolling was involved. Because back then - nobody outside of Bangkok knew about the crochet method of doing instantly permanent dread work! It was all about backcomb, roll, twist, rip & roll or wax wax wax!
Em travelled the world over a continuous 6 year period creating & maintaining dreads for people in UK, Italy, Holland, Spain, Brasil and on her return to Australia in 2006 she discovered that there were no dreadlock services utilising the crochet hook method This was when she turned her travel hobby biz turned into a true part time business and Divine Dreadlocks was born.
Through word of mouth and rave reviews her reputation for high quality, friendly dreadlock work grew to an international standing which enabled her to be booked out 6 months in advance. This allowed her to stop working as a high school teacher (design & technology) & earn a decent wage in a 3 day working week, being at home as her babies were born and grew to school age.
Due to requests to teach others her skills and trade, she utilised her professional teaching knowledge to create a series of dreadlocking courses to help others learn how to do dreadlocks properly.
The Natural Dread Loctician Course series is aimed at empowering others to have all the skills and knowledge necessary to set up their own "lifestyle businesses" from home, studio or hair salon offering a high quality dreadlock service.
She wishes to empower as many people as possible to work in ways that allow them to:
1) Be their own boss,
2) Feel the freedom of choosing their own work days and hours,
3) Earn good money from home (up to $70/hr)
4) And gain financial stability or abundance with children.
Feel free to connect via email if you have any questions about her offerings!